The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has created a lot of confusion and concern across all our communities. There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our families, so Elevate Gymnastics wants to share what our owners and staff are doing to keep members safe. We have a standing policy mandating a high level of cleaning measures in our gym. Some of these steps you are likely aware of, while others happen out of sight from members.
Before you come into class
- Gym staff disinfect all obstacle course equipment, heavily used mats, any objects that have been used and all surfaces in the gym. This includes door handles, the spring floor, transition areas, and benches. In addition, business equipment, and desk surfaces are being wiped down with sanitizer.
- During this time of increased concern, staff has been directed to redouble these efforts. We have instituted an aggressive gym cleaning routine between classes.
- The front desk team will evaluate all students as they come in, to ensure that no one who is demonstrating symptoms of the Coronavirus is admitted into class. This may include having temperature read with a forehead thermometer that has been sanitized.
- Any staff member who is sick will be sent home.
- Coaches are being directed to wash their hands thoroughly between classes.
- Students and Families can help by limiting the materials you bring into the lobby, keeping water bottles closed and washing your hands before class.
- We have made hand sanitizer available throughout the gym and multiple stations. Please use these.
During your class
- We have put a hold on exchanging high-fives before, during and after class. Each coach will come up with their own routines for firing up the group and congratulating students.
- Coaches will avoid making physical contact with students during class.
- Please be mindful and don’t touch your face with a bare hand.
After your class
- Our gym uses professional cleaners to regularly come and perform a deep cleaning of the gym and all the equipment. During this health scare our gym has increased the frequency of these cleanings.
- Please consider washing your hands again before leaving the gym.
If a students and/or family member tells the gym staff that they have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID19, we have instructed the staff to do the following.
- Confirm if the member has been tested and diagnosed with the virus, or just exposed to someone else.
- Are they confined to home quarantine or undergoing other medical care?
- Have they contacted local health authorities? If so, what were the instructions given?
- The gym is to immediately contact local health authorities to see if they have any specific guidance.
- Owners/Managers will handle all communications to families using email, push notifications via the iClass app and, where appropriate, phone calls.
- We will update the gym’s website with the latest information about any closings or schedule changes.
As we all work together to push through these challenges, know that nothing is more important to us than the health and well-being of our Elevate family. We will continue to monitor this situation closely, as we have for the past several weeks, and we will update as new information becomes available. Be healthy, Elevate family — we’re here for you and we will continue to take precautionary measures to keep you and your families safe.